Welcome to SBH
Thanks for stopping by the bear cave and checking it out. Being serious all the time is un-bear-able, so we have added a great comic strip at the bottom of page for your enjoyment. Please feel free to leave your thoughts,or shoot us an e-mail with the link to the right. We'd love to hear from all the creatures in the forest.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Movie Store Sucks

I will be the first to admit that I am not a movie critic. But I went to the movie store to get a movie tonight with my son. As I looked at the options, I was taken back by how much Bovine Scat is for rent. The volume of demonic movies, sex with who you will movies, and so on that are available is mind blowing. If a society was to be judge by it's entertainment, I think we would be in trouble. I have always tried to be careful of what kind of entertainment I allow in my home. Looking back, I think that was a good call. My old pastor used to say "there are two dogs, a good dog and a bad dog, inside you fighting for supremacy. The winner is the one you feed the most."

Anyway, I found a movie that is worth the time to watch and the money to rent or even buy it. The movie is Jet Li's "Fearless." although the subtitles were a challenge to keep up with, this movie has an outstanding story to tell. I have always been fond of the wisdom of the far east. This movie takes you on a journey of purpose and value as seen, and evidently lived, by a man who became the difference to a nation. Yes, the movie has great action scenes, but I become caught up in the moral question of what is a true champion? A question that struggles with the value between the strength of fighting prowess, and the strength of mercy. This is a movie that one could facilitate some in depth conversations over. Needless to say, I liked this movie and it sure beats the "rebirth of the naked demon zombies."

3 comments:

Peajay said...

Thank you for your kind words and your Link, it's the first time I've been 'kool' in many years. :D I will reciprocate when I have finished adding and tweaking.

Talking Bear said...

PJ, My pleasure. And thank you for thinking of putting SHB on your blog. I can not wait to see how you "tweak" your page...hurry up, the wait is killing me ;)

Peajay said...

Ok, see what you think. Be kind. (~_^)

Kool Music & Extreme Adventure Risk Video Search

Loading...
Loading...

What moves my soul lately


(use the widget scroll bar to view more strips)

Subscribe to SBH via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Site Meter
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro