Welcome to SBH
Thanks for stopping by the bear cave and checking it out. Being serious all the time is un-bear-able, so we have added a great comic strip at the bottom of page for your enjoyment. Please feel free to leave your thoughts,or shoot us an e-mail with the link to the right. We'd love to hear from all the creatures in the forest.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Power of Motion: part 1

When we look at nature we can see the power of motion. It is all around us. The sea, the wind, the rivers ,the animals and the Earth itself, are all in constant motion. We too, were made to be in motion. When I step out into the raw and ever flowing energy of nature, motion beckons to me. It seduces me to come and live. To be a part of something much bigger then me. This is my mistress, this dance of constant motion.

It is this dance of life that makes me complete. I become a part of the Master painters picture. A picture I think was meant to be fluid and free. Free to move and breathe in the freshness that each turn of the earth creates. Everything about me, my heart, my blood, my breath are driven by this ever present energy we call movement. I was made to move.

Thoughts of setting idle, being sedentary, complacent and stagnate make me cringe. These thoughts of stillness are like a disease that eats away at my very core. They suffocate me. They make me weep for my Master; the One who put my life in motion. They make me beg for freedom. Do not harness me with burdens of quietness, for I will surely fail at them. I was made to move.

This is the call for me, to venture. It is a place of motion. A place where I can dance with creation. It is the dance of life which I was created for. Let the wind buffet me, the sea swell around me, and the Earth spin me. My heart longs for this dance of life. I was made to move.

1 Comment:

Melanie said...

This is beautiful!! perhaps a Celtic poem/hymn to accompany the dance:

'I bind unto myself today
The virtues of the star-lit heaven,
The glorious sun's life-giving ray,
The whiteness of the moon at even,
The flashing of the lightning free,
The whirling wind's tempestuous shocks,
The stable earth, the deep salt sea
Around the old eternal rocks.'

The wanderer's heart is a gift of curiousity, exploration and adventure...whether we wander within ourselves seeking truth, or out into the elements...it's there for our taking and sharing...God has written Himself on our hearts and into Creation...let's go dance!!

Kool Music & Extreme Adventure Risk Video Search

Loading...
Loading...

What moves my soul lately


(use the widget scroll bar to view more strips)

Subscribe to SBH via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Site Meter
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro