Welcome to SBH
Thanks for stopping by the bear cave and checking it out. Being serious all the time is un-bear-able, so we have added a great comic strip at the bottom of page for your enjoyment. Please feel free to leave your thoughts,or shoot us an e-mail with the link to the right. We'd love to hear from all the creatures in the forest.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Bad news, I have to work.

I am not sure about you, but I hate the fact that I have to work all the time. Do not get me wrong, I have had some great jobs, but work is a four letter word no matter how you spell it. I had a job as a professional rock climber for a large amusement park. I climbed and rappelled all day long. I was getting paid for doing what I loved to do. As a college student this was the best job I could have. But, like all jobs, I started to hate it.

Sometimes I get angry with a certain Adam and Eve. Why couldn't they just leave that damn apple alone? Now I have to work all the time. I think that this is where I create way to much of my own anxiety. I have not learned to embrace my judgement and just go about my tolling with a sense of acceptance and joy. I was the kid who watched the school clock like a hawk, wating for that bell to ring so I could get the hell out of that classroom. I have not changed, I can not wait for that last minute of the work week to get out and enjoy my life. I think I need to find the win-win in my toils and be happy with the cool jobs I have. I have noticed that the people that have realized this and embrace their toils do some much better in life. It seems that they are eager to go to work and do their job. I am not sure, but maybe it is just another control issue I have. Maybe I just do not like others telling me when and where I have to be. I would much rather be exploring the world and seeking out those places where man has not been. But instead, I need to work.

7 comments:

Peajay said...

It seems to me TB, that the grass has always been greener on the other side. If we were all happy with our working life how then would we appreciate the times we were not working. Without that time clock watching in school how would you have recognised that the time out of school was enjoyable. Life's 'ups' have to be tempered by life's 'downs' for you to appreciate that 'ups' actually exist.
“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.”
Epicurus

Barrett, M said...

Here is another quote I liked, "Just quit your whining and get your arse back to work" micabarricus

Peajay said...

He has potential to be a funny man your pal Mike, doesn't he TB? :D

gogo said...

Peajay, beware of MicaBarricus...when he and TB team up, there's no stoppin 'em!!!

Oh, and to the topic: work....it's another 4-letter word!!

...can I have some cheese with my whine, please??!!!

Peajay said...

Thanks gogo, I thought MicaBarricus was a formidable one man team already, I daren't think how much more redoubtable they could become as a duo!!
I would have thought both you and TB would know the most about whine having just done the tour!! :D Oh, I remember, you slept through it!! ;)

Anonymous said...

It is always best if TB and I have a common enemy. Because, if there is not apparent target in front of us we can turn on each other. :)

Talking Bear said...

Anon, Thank you for your post. I am learning, or maybe maturing, to the point where I do not have to always have a "target." I agree with you that this is one of those things that outgoing people tend to do, and I was one of the worst. I have great friends, and wish to keep them, so I am growing so that when there is no target, I can just relax and enjoy the great men and women around me.

Kool Music & Extreme Adventure Risk Video Search

Loading...
Loading...

What moves my soul lately


(use the widget scroll bar to view more strips)

Subscribe to SBH via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Site Meter
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro