Welcome to SBH
Thanks for stopping by the bear cave and checking it out. Being serious all the time is un-bear-able, so we have added a great comic strip at the bottom of page for your enjoyment. Please feel free to leave your thoughts,or shoot us an e-mail with the link to the right. We'd love to hear from all the creatures in the forest.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Balancing my Sanity: Understanding my own Homeostasis

Understanding our inner most issues is often a life time pursuit. Often times we make choices that we are not really aware of. We take way to much of what others do and say personally and form negative beliefs about ourselves. We do have a choice. A choice to be the authority of what controls our internal mechanisms that keep our sanity in balance. This constant balancing act is called homeostasis.

Do you think that the ever present issues related to our internal fear of rejection drive us to compromise much, we choose without making a choice? Most of us know what we want or do not want from life. What we miss is our internal drive that seduces us into a life of mediocrity. I have formed my own definition of failing, as we all have, and I struggle to stay away from that end of the scale. But I have not been aware of my internal mechanisms that keep me from success. This issue of fearing success was best brought to light by Mrs. Williamson.

"When Marianne Williamson wrote the words, the professional positive-thinker didn't think they stood out from any of the others in her book, "A Return to Love." Then someone -- who, exactly, remains a mystery -- incorrectly attributed a 13-sentence paragraph from the book to South African activist Nelson Mandela, turning an inspirational thought into the most famous words she's ever written. "It's a total urban myth," Williamson said of the idea that Mandela uttered her words, much less included them in his 1994 inauguration speech after he was elected president of South Africa. "I have absolutely no idea how it happened."

"As I interpret the Course, 'our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.' We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened
about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

(http://www.newsobserver.com/667/story/436158.html)

What madness have I created for myself in allowing my internal issues to choose my fate or destiny? What successes have I self-destroyed by allowing my internal issues to regulate my fears? What fears have I falsely allowed to control my thoughts? What must I do to control my internal homeostasis so that success is no longer a fear I unknowingly choose to run from? How do I break free of this earthly mindset and allow God to bring me to my full potential, the potential he created me to become? What are your thoughts on this?

1 Comment:

gogo said...

I wonder if we take on from our parents their fears, failings, and hopelessness at opportunities passed by that they have incurred in their lives? I'm not saying this as an excuse for us, just an explanation to some of the roots of our fears that have been grown by our own life experiences.

Just a random thought came to me with this....the scene from the Iniana Jones Holy Grail movie....where he steps out into the abyss, in faith, and lo and behold their is a hidden path for him to walk on across the abyss. Perhaps this is how we should let go of our fears...a step of faith, trusting that to break free from what binds us will liberate us to what will be more breathtakingly wonderful!!

Kool Music & Extreme Adventure Risk Video Search

Loading...
Loading...

What moves my soul lately


(use the widget scroll bar to view more strips)

Subscribe to SBH via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Site Meter
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro