Welcome to SBH
Thanks for stopping by the bear cave and checking it out. Being serious all the time is un-bear-able, so we have added a great comic strip at the bottom of page for your enjoyment. Please feel free to leave your thoughts,or shoot us an e-mail with the link to the right. We'd love to hear from all the creatures in the forest.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

I believe in you

Writing curriculum, teaching, and public speaking is something I have learned to enjoy. For me, all of these have one common thread. That thread is creating change. Recently I was interviewed for a new book coming out next spring. During this interview process, I spoke about many of the issues involved in creating change. As I pondered the questions posed to me, I came to what I considered the most important aspect of creating change. I am convinced that the most powerful thing we can do as agents of change is to tell some that we believe in them. It may seem so simple, and to some, it may even seem void of true meaning. But that comment has created more change in more people than I can count. If you are a person that would like to experience that wonderful feeling of being an agent of change, then I would like you to try something for me.

I want you to do something for one month and then come back here to SBH and post what your experience was. Here is the task, if you chose to accept it. For one month I want you to tell two people, every day, that you believe in them. BUT, one of those persons is your self. I am asking you to look into a mirror and stare at the person looking back at you. I want you to say aloud "I believe in you." Then I want you to pick one person that your path crosses routinely and tell them that you believe in them. It could be a co-worker, a boss, a friend, who ever you want. I want you to watch their reaction and attitude as they continue on their day. Before you know it, it will seem that the world around you is changing. Try it and see what happens.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe in you TB.
(I really do!)
fnl

Talking Bear said...

Thank you! You are very.

Anonymous said...

Very?

Talking Bear said...

Sweet, kind, generous....ANy one will work.

Kool Music & Extreme Adventure Risk Video Search

Loading...
Loading...

What moves my soul lately


(use the widget scroll bar to view more strips)

Subscribe to SBH via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Site Meter
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro