Welcome to SBH
Thanks for stopping by the bear cave and checking it out. Being serious all the time is un-bear-able, so we have added a great comic strip at the bottom of page for your enjoyment. Please feel free to leave your thoughts,or shoot us an e-mail with the link to the right. We'd love to hear from all the creatures in the forest.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The Assumption of Success

What is your life’s foundational assumption? One definition of this word, “assumption” is a statement that is assumed to be true and from which a conclusion can be drawn”. As odd as it may sound, we all have a foundational belief or assumption about how we perform, or behave. The out come of your endeavors depends on what your foundational assumption is. Do you assume that you are a good person who does good things

Your foundational assumption about yourself gives direction to what choices you make, how you respond to adversity, and your overall attitude. One could even go as far as to say there is a strong correlation between your self assumption and your character. Examples of two polarized self assumptions are, I pursue the right things because I am a good person, or I am a bad person and therefore I do bad things. This is why it is very important to understand what your self assumption is. If I assume the statement “I am a good person” to be true, then when I make a mistake I am likely to say to myself, “that is not like me”. On the contrary, If I assume that the statement “I am a bad person” than when I make a mistake I am likely to state to myself “that is just like me”.

If you want to change a behavior or an attitude you first need to change your self assumption. I can form a new assumption and start to affirm that to myself. For example, I assume to be true that I am a successful businessman. I tell myself this every morning as I start my day. Soon I will begin to make some changes. I will buy a nice suit because that is what successful business me do and that is like me

What we need to do is stop assuming that we are a bad person, a failure, a reject, or unwanted. This is a self defeating foundational assumption. We need to stop affirming this belief. We need to stop assuming that we deserve bad things to happen to us. We need to start forming the assumption that we can do, we deserve to win, we always find a good solution, and so on

Thoughts?

0 comments:

Kool Music & Extreme Adventure Risk Video Search

Loading...
Loading...

What moves my soul lately


(use the widget scroll bar to view more strips)

Subscribe to SBH via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Site Meter
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro