Welcome to SBH
Thanks for stopping by the bear cave and checking it out. Being serious all the time is un-bear-able, so we have added a great comic strip at the bottom of page for your enjoyment. Please feel free to leave your thoughts,or shoot us an e-mail with the link to the right. We'd love to hear from all the creatures in the forest.

Monday, February 18, 2008

Dad is coming home?

There is a scene in the movies and TV commercials that I have seen many times. The kids are home alone and have a great big party. At some point the kids realize that their parents are going to be home soon. This realization creates tremendous anxiety and panic. As the kids look around they know there is a lot of clean up that needs to get done. Can you picture this scene that I am sure you have all seen, or may be even you have been there and done that.

As I read many a post throughout the blogosphere I see many posts about drive, anxiety, and the need to clean our house up before Dad gets back. The question that is rattling around in my head is this. How is it, that men and women from every part of the global, un-connecting, and un-influenced by common social groups are sensing the same thing? Does this not raise red flags for anyone? Are bells and whistles going off for anyone

When I look around, I think that mankind has had a big party for thousands of years. My college theology professor touched on a period of time not foreseen by the early Hebrew prophets. A time of the church that eluded prophesy. A time of grace and mercy; our time. And now it seems like many of us “children” have this sense that “Dad” is coming home and we desperately need to get this place cleaned up. I know that the end of times message has echoed the religious halls throughout history. But, I just can’t not get past the fact that SO many people posting on the blogosphere, from SO many different denominations, from SO many different walks of life are all stating that they are “feeling” this urgency.

The dreams I have at night are full of urgency. My eyes see the hurting masses and my heart shatters day in and day out. The harvest is bigger than ever and the workers seem to be caught up in an argument on how we should be out harvesting instead of just getting out there and getting it done. The organized religious dogma has failed to produce mature workers as a whole. Yes, there are many good workers out there. But, when I look at 2000 years of the “organized” church and compare it to 2000 years of harvesting I see a huge deficit. Am I the only one that seems to think that the most productive workers today are the ones who have deviated from organized religious dogma? Am I the only one that is seeing or sensing this stuff? I do not think so.

Is Dad moving many of his children to step away from this useless spiritual dogma war and just get out there and get things done

Thoughts?

2 comments:

storyteller said...

What an interesting analogy and thought-provoking post. My parents always taught me that when I point in blame at someone else I should remember that three fingers point back at me. If there's one thing I've learned repeatedly in my life, trying to change others is a waste of time ... but keeping my focus on what I can do moment to moment with my own perspective, behavior, attitudes, etc. makes for real change that I choose to believe makes the world a little better in turn. Recently I read something from Tony Robbins about how we each ask a "primary question" in stressful situations that drives our responses. He suggests that getting in touch with what that question is, deciding whether or not it helps or hinders, and choosing a different question can change our lives. It's a thought I'm carrying around with me ... to gain awareness and perhaps do some personal experimentation myself.

It's sure nice to be able to connect here again more easily. I didn't do anything to my computer so I'm wondering if you did something to your blog to speed things up ... or was it just a brief "glitch" that straightened itself out? Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks for passing the "E" award back to me. Does that mean I can pass it along to some of my Small Reflections bloggers too?
Hugs and blessings,

qweaq said...

1.
Welcome to enter (wow gold) and (wow power leveling) trading site, (wow gold) are cheap, (wow power leveling) credibility Very good! Quickly into the next single! Key words directly to the website click on transactions!

2.
Welcome to enter (wow gold) and (wow power leveling) trading site, (wow gold) are cheap, (wow power leveling) credibility Very good! Quickly into the next single! Key words directly to the website click on transactions!

3.
Welcome to enter (wow gold) and (wow power leveling) trading site, (Rolex) are cheap, (World of Warcraft gold) credibility Very good! Quickly into the next single! Key words directly to the website click on transactions!

Kool Music & Extreme Adventure Risk Video Search

Loading...
Loading...

What moves my soul lately


(use the widget scroll bar to view more strips)

Subscribe to SBH via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Site Meter
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro