Welcome to SBH
Thanks for stopping by the bear cave and checking it out. Being serious all the time is un-bear-able, so we have added a great comic strip at the bottom of page for your enjoyment. Please feel free to leave your thoughts,or shoot us an e-mail with the link to the right. We'd love to hear from all the creatures in the forest.

Friday, February 29, 2008

A season for reaping tears.

I am sorry for the recent “heaviness” of my posts. But this blog has become therapy for me from time to time. Tonight is another one of those times. Look away if you must, but like a wreck on the road, even though our little voices are screaming “don’t look”, we always do.

When I was new in my current employment certain men always stood out. They were kind and helpful in teaching and protecting. Dale was one of those guys. He was always up-beat with a smile on his face. As our careers went along his wife become very ill. Dale transferred to another division in the company. This allowed him to be home more and tend to his terminally ill wife. We did different things to try and help his situation out. We all like Dale very much as he always made our days brighter.

Last year Dale’s daughter was killed due to a bizarre phenomenon occurring here. Teenagers choke themselves to the point of blacking out. Then they recover and do it again. Dale’s daughter did not recover from her last excursion into this dark side of behavior. This lost was devastating to Dale and his wife. It is hard to imagine being caught up in the fight to keep a life and lose another one so close to you. Once again those close to Dale rallied behind him and tried to help as much as anyone outside the family could.

Today, Dale’s own life was taken in a tragic accident. Word’s can not touch on, or shed light on the agony this family has gone through since I have known Dale. It is beyond me to understand why one man’s family would be dealt so much pain. Our heart goes out to the family and I once again say “God’s speed” to another outstanding person who impacted my life in such a positive way.

5 comments:

storyteller said...

No apologies are needed for ‘heaviness’ (or anything else) here at SBH! Blogging is definitely cheaper than therapy and possible as good for the soul (if not better). My heart goes out to you and this friend’s family as I read of the tragedies you’ve shared … and the losses you each bear.
Hugs and blessings,

Endlessly restless said...

Bear

This is tough to read - and must be so much tougher to write. I share storyteller's sentiments.

It certainly puts the minor irritations that I get upset about into perspective.

The song that plays when your blog opens is hauntingly beautiful and seems to fit perfectly with where you seem to be right now.

Take care, my friend.

"May you find some comfort here"

Peajay said...

Words cannot express the sorrow I feel for the loss of your friend, my heart goes out to you and his family for the losses they have endured.
'Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal'

Mike Barrett said...

I am so sorry Bear. It is very sad. There is nothing more to say.

Talking Bear said...

Thanks to all for the comforting words, they made the difference for me.

Kool Music & Extreme Adventure Risk Video Search

Loading...
Loading...

What moves my soul lately


(use the widget scroll bar to view more strips)

Subscribe to SBH via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Site Meter
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro