Welcome to SBH
Thanks for stopping by the bear cave and checking it out. Being serious all the time is un-bear-able, so we have added a great comic strip at the bottom of page for your enjoyment. Please feel free to leave your thoughts,or shoot us an e-mail with the link to the right. We'd love to hear from all the creatures in the forest.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The sounds of sorrow.

I stand as tall as the howling wind will allow; my arms firmly by my side, thumbs along my pant seams. The bag pipes play faintly at first. From my right I hear “Detail uh-ten- hut”, “Detail present arms”. My right hand, now barley touching my right eye brow, quivers as tears well up and cascade stoically down my cheek.

Another flag draped casket slow passes through my field of view. The pipes first play taps then the song of sorrow; you may know it as “Amazing Grace”. The sounds of a family weeping comes from my right, a child’s cry for her daddy pierces the noise of the blowing wind. Once more the journey from birth to the grave is complete.

There is no solace for the living; as we watch parents say goodbye to their beloved son. A holy man says his peace, but no peace is found this day. “Detail at ease” rings out, my tense and trebling body finds a comfortable posture. All of the could-haves, would-haves, and should-haves come rushing into focus. I stand there in the wind, lonely amidst a crowd. Good bye friend, good bye.

1 Comment:

His Girl Friday said...

Beautiful, TB. Big hug to you; I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. :)x

I found this poem at Mrs S' blog:
http://nicenwarm.blogspot.com/

(I love the first sentence)

"Not how did he die, but how did he live?
Not what did he gain, but what did he give?
These are the units to measure the worth
of a man as a man, regardless of birth.
Not, what was his church, nor what was his creed?
But had he befriended those really in need?
Was he ever ready, with word of good cheer,
to bring back a smile, to banish a tear?
Not what did the sketch in the newspaper say,
but how many were sorry when he passed away."

Kool Music & Extreme Adventure Risk Video Search

Loading...
Loading...

What moves my soul lately


(use the widget scroll bar to view more strips)

Subscribe to SBH via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Site Meter
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro