Welcome to SBH
Thanks for stopping by the bear cave and checking it out. Being serious all the time is un-bear-able, so we have added a great comic strip at the bottom of page for your enjoyment. Please feel free to leave your thoughts,or shoot us an e-mail with the link to the right. We'd love to hear from all the creatures in the forest.

Monday, March 17, 2008

The Hunt

Nostrils flared, ears canted forward on high alert, and every sensation is processed, analyzed and deciphered into two simple categories; friend or foe. I am neither the Lion nor the Gazelle. I am both the hunter and the hunted.

The symbolically, unseen warm breeze sways the tall dry grass exposing my form. My betrayal is complete as my scent is carried across the landscape alerting any who search for clues to my presence. My heart races with fear, and yet leaps with excitement that I may become the victor. The sun falls from it's climatic arch, sinking into the horizons' vast abyss. Night will soon creep into this daunting chase of life and death.

This dance with fate is one of life's constants; moving to the rhythm of time and driven by the internal need of survival. It is cloaked in a battle between the desire for total concealment and the need for complete exposure. Always anxious and fearful of the possibilities hidden in the next moment life chooses to reveal.

Who am I?

2 comments:

Adventure Brother said...

LOVE?

Talking Bear said...

AB, Your are right on the money.

Kool Music & Extreme Adventure Risk Video Search

Loading...
Loading...

What moves my soul lately


(use the widget scroll bar to view more strips)

Subscribe to SBH via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Site Meter
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro