Welcome to SBH
Thanks for stopping by the bear cave and checking it out. Being serious all the time is un-bear-able, so we have added a great comic strip at the bottom of page for your enjoyment. Please feel free to leave your thoughts,or shoot us an e-mail with the link to the right. We'd love to hear from all the creatures in the forest.

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Losing the inner child?

What does "losing our inner child" actually mean. As I reflected on this issue recently I focused on two separate ideas. One; the meaning of Losing or lost. I soon came to a fork where the path went two different directions. The difference, I guess, is simply a matter dealing with point of view. One can be lost in the forest and simply take some time to get re-orientated. two, we can permanently loss something, like a loved one. That said, when we think about losing the inner child is it simply a matter of having to re-orientate ourselves?, or is it more like that permanent gone for good kind of thing?

Two; the meaning of "inner child". What is an inner child anyway. Is it that early stage in life when things have to be fair? Is it our simple naive innocence? Or is it when we have that ability to imagine? Do we lose the ability to partake in that wonderful world of internal make believe?

Do we really lose this inner child that is, or was, inside each and every one of us at some point in time? Do we chase our inner child away because of some embracing act or rude statement by another? I do not know the answers to any of these questions. I do know, however, that I have spent a lot of time trying to find my inner child and embrace that wonderful ability to imagine and explore that world of 'what if".

For example, What would be different in our world if every one cared more for the other then themselves? What do you think about losing the inner child, and how do we find it in this madness we call adulthood?

Thoughts?

4 comments:

Pristine Girl said...

Oh finally there is someone caring enought to regard this issue!!!!
I care, I worry and fear growing up, although I seem to regress into a child as I was not nurtured the way needed. I'm not sure it is a problem though because I don't want to grow up, although rationally it is a big problem when it comes to social compartments :)
Great article and well written!

Talking Bear said...

PG, I love exploring this topic, I am glad you liked. Know this, I have enjoyed my adult life much more than my childhood. Gorwing up is a woderful playground to play on. There are so many things to do and enjoy. But as I touched on in th epost, it is important to hold onto that inner child, at least I think so.

My kids love it when I am goofy an dplayful like a little kid. They enjoy when I get excited about things like I did as a child. Yes we must protect our inner child and not let it slip away into that dark hidden place of "mature adults".

Pristine Girl said...

You are an inspirational adult :) As you have said so brilliantly hold on to the inner child, as it is he/she who gives you the spark in your eye and golden glow enabling you to light up a room.
It is not naivism it is merely radiance! :)
Thanks for your wise words!
/ Michelle

Talking Bear said...

^Thank you Michelle. You are very kind.

P.S. I like your blog and think I would li8ke to put a link on my blog fro some of my readers to enjoy.

Kool Music & Extreme Adventure Risk Video Search

Loading...
Loading...

What moves my soul lately


(use the widget scroll bar to view more strips)

Subscribe to SBH via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Site Meter
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro